The Optum Professional Cycling Team wasted no time following the arrival of their brand new Lazer Flash Orange Z1 helmets with Eric Young winning the fifth stage of the 2014 Tour of Utah.
Following the victory Young stated "My teammates worked their butts off today. Jesse, Tom and Mike worked hard to bring back a dangerous break and set up this sprint. Belkin had the front, and Alex gave me an incredible leadout through the final kilometers. He brought me safely past the dangerous Belkin leadout train and to the front of the race, so I decided, "It's time to get creative."
Conditions in Utah are always hot and oppressive and the Optum team appreciated the benefits of their new Z1 helmets. With 31 vents, the new Advanced Rollsys Retention System and a helmet weight of just 190 grams (CE size small) the Optum riders were cool and comfortable in the Utah heat!
Watch the video of Young's victory below!
The Optum Pro Cycling Professional Team debuted the new Lazer Z1 in Flash Orange this week at the 2014 Tour of Utah!
See images of the team in action on their Facebook page here.
Lighter, better ventilation and more comfortable, the Lazer Z1 is an upgrade that the Optum riders really appreciate!
Watch highlights of the 2014 British Time Trial Championships and see Emma Pooley win the title in the Lazer Wasp helmet!
Aerodynamic performance of the Wasp helmet is the result of extensive wind tunnel research, scientific insight in aerodynamics and the use of mathematical models that allowed Lazer to compute and optimize the shape of the helmet in a virtual environment. The Lazer Wasp helmet is currently the fastest helmet in the world!
Magician on a bike, Chris Akrigg is back at it in his Lazer Oasiz helmet!
Lazer is proud to support Chris Akrigg!
It's been a great Tour for Gallopin, Lotto-Belisol and Lazer so far!
Congratulations to Andre Greipel and the Lotto-Belisol team!
Lotto-Belisol at the 2014 Tour de France!
After hearing 'de Ronde', a song in dutch about the Tour of Flanders, sung by one of the team doctors SerVaaS, André Greipel asked him to make and sing a song together. Now the Tour de France starts, and this is how such a unusual cooperation between a rider and a doctor sounds...
Laura Trott from Wiggle Honda wins the British National Road Race Championship in Lazer Z1!
Enjoy this video of her race experience!
Andre Greipel, in Lazer Z1, wins the German National Championship Men's Road Race for the second year in a row!
Jens Debusschere, in Lazer Helium FAST, wins the Belgian National Championship Men's Road Race!
Jolien D'Hoore, in Lazer Helium, wins the Belgian National Championship Women's Road Race!
Laura Trott, in Lazer Z1, wins the British National Championship Women's Road Race!
Congratulations to all the Lazer Helmeteers that won their National Championship Race! Full listing is below:
- Belgian National Men's Road Race: Jens Debusschere - Lotto-Belisol (Lazer Helium FAST)
- Belgian National Women's Road Race: Jolien D'Hoore - Lotto-Belisol (Lazer Helium)
- British National Women's Road Race: Laura Trott - Wiggle Honda (Lazer Wasp)
- British National Women's Time Trial: Emma Pooley - Lotto-Belisol (Lazer Wasp)
- Canadian National Women's Road Race: Leah Kirchmann - Optum Pro Cycling (Lazer Wasp)
- Canadian National Women's Criterium: Leah Kirchmann - Optum Pro Cycling (Lazer Wasp)
- Canadian National Women's Time Trial: Leah Kirchmann - Optum Pro Cycling (Lazer Wasp)
- German National Men's Road Race: Andre Greipel - Lotto-Belisol (Lazer Z1)
- Japanese National Women's Road Race: Mayuko Hagiwara - Wiggle Honda (Lazer Z1)
- Japanese National Women's Time Trial: Mayuko Hagiwara - Wiggle Honda (Lazer Z1)